Monday, December 3, 2007

New York




Right before you get to the start of the "Jersey Shore" over looking the town of Highlands are the Twin Lights. The view from this hill top is just beautiful right at sunrise. On a clear day you can see the New York skyline and on down the Jersey coast. The town looks like an old fishing village with a New England feel.

On our way to the 34 street pier for dinner in Long Island City at the Waters Edge we stopped off to visit Grand Central Station.They had a awesome holiday lightshow in the main area of the lobby.Now I know what it means when someone says its busy as Grand Central Station.


The boardwalk in Asbury Park is coming back to life. " Its cold out on the boardwalk" Starts a famous Christmas song.I had a chance to get up early Friday morning and visit a few photo spots.


Big Weekend in the Big Apple! Amy and I were in Jersey this weekend because my sister turned 60 years old. It was a full four days and one very cold one walking the streets of New York. I am going to post a bunch of photos tonight when we get home but we had a major Tarboro moment in the big city. This is a small world. We were walking through Time Square on Saturday cutting our way through thousands of people and I was pulling a small case on wheels. We were on our way to Pen Station on 34th street to drop off my nephew James off to make the train to JKF airport.I am crossing the street in a NY christmas way with wall to wall people when someone say " hey the zipper on your bag is openning" I look up and its April Fretwell from Tarboro with a group of freinds. Wow! You can't go anywhere in the world without seeing someone from Tarboro. I guess it took someone from NC lend a helping hand.

No comments: