Saturday, May 3, 2008


Green Day
Last weekend while in New Jersey photographing a wedding we were planing a day in New York city but the weather was not exactly right. While on the way to Hoboken to visit my home town we took a side trip to Liberty Park and a ferry to Ellis Island. While there we saw the American Immigrant Wall of Honor. This structure celebrates was is the peopling of America. The wall contains over 500,000 names of those that pasted through the gateway to America. It is 262 feet across and 664 feet in length. On the wall is the name of my Grand father from my mom's side of the family.Severin Napolitano.
The story was told by my late aunt Lucy that my grandfather came over to this country on the same boat as the Statue of Liberty.It was a strange feeling to see his name on this great wall of honor. The next time you make a trip to NYC include Ellis Island.

No comments: