Tuesday, April 22, 2008



The Vest

Have you ever seen the Saturday Night Live episode when Chris Farley puts on David Spades jacket and sings his little song “ big man in a little coat” he then rips through the fabric. That is one of my favorites ones. I was going through some old storage bags as we are remodeling the house right now ( which is another story itself) and found a vest from a suit I wore when I first came to NC. I met Amy in New Jersey in July of 1976 and came down to visit a month later in August. I was trying to impress her by showing off my three-piece suit but wool is not a good thing to wear on a hot North Carolina day. I did look cool even though I was sweating my butt off. It was for the cause. I want to think Amy married me for more than my three-piece suit.
When I first found the vest we had a great laugh as I tried to make the buttons come together.

No comments: