Friday, March 21, 2008


The Portrait

when your not trying to get someone to smile and just letting them relax you get the most special moments. In the film days they called this the 13th exposure because after the last shot on the roll of 12 while you were changing film the subject would give you a natural relaxed look.So many great images were lost while changing film.

Today I had the chance to work with a very special mom and daughter. I could tell they had a very close bond together. While moving my lights for the next images I asked them to relax for a moment and there was the image I wanted.I was lucking to get back to the camera just in time. I think it was one of the best images of the session because It tells a real story of how they feel about each other.It's moments like these that make this job so worth it.

No comments: